- This topic is empty.
March 5, 2021 at 12:44 pm #7687ClearBlue SupportMember
If you are getting a colored line around your hot tub, it either means that the mineral level is too high, or the water is out of balance, or both.
The coloration is harmless and non-toxic. To remove it, use a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser.
To correct the water balance:
1) Make sure the pH is between 7.2 and 7.8
2) Make sure that the alkalinity is between 80 and 120 (note that on some copper test strips, it says that 40-80 is ok – However – we recommend 80-120)
3) Make sure calcium hardness is between 200 and 400
NOTE: Follow the directions on the pH and alkalinity products carefully when you are adjusting the level. You should only need to balance these parameters once per fill.
To correct the high mineral content
1) Take note of the number value for Ion/Action. It will be between 00 and 99.
2) Turn off the ionizer. If you have the 2″ x 2″ topside panel, hold down the button for 10 seconds or until the blue light goes off. If you do not have a topside panel, set the Ion/Action setting to 00
3) Wait for 2-3 weeks. It takes a long time for the mineral level to dissipate.
4) If you have the topside panel, press the button once so the blue light comes back on.
5) Set the Ion/Action setting to the number you note in 1) divided by 3 (e.g. if the Ion/Action setting was 30, set it to 10)
If you don’t have access to the Ion/Action setting or don’t want to remove the spa panel to access it, you can use the topside control and turn off the ionizer when you see a green ring. However, you must remember to turn it back on to keep the water properly sanitized. If you adjust the Ion/Action setting down, this will stop happening.
If you want added protection, you can use a chelating agent like Orenda SC-1000. This product keeps the minerals dissolved and will also help to prolong the life of the mineral cell.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.